The Monthly Memo Archive
The Monthly Memo
April 1, 1999
Please visit our web page. The site address is: heab.state.wi.us.
- 1998-99 notification lists and other associated reports are scheduled to print 4/20/99.
Please note that this report will only run once this month due to the start up of 1999-2000.
- We will continue to run the 1998-99 vouchering process on Tuesday and Friday nights
of each week. Just a reminder that we cannot guarantee that your request can be loaded on the same
day it has been received if the information arrives after 12NOON. Please keep in mind that it
takes two to three business days after the vouchering process runs before checks are physically
printed. So please plan accordingly. Contact me if you have any questions.
- Currently the award commit and spent for WHEG and WTG is as follows:
|UW WHEG Award Commit
||(last year at this time it was 159.70%)
|UW WHEG Spent
||(last year at this time it was 94.30%)
|WTC WHEG Award Commit
||(last year at this time it was 169.16%)
|WTC WHEG Spent
||(last year at this time it was 95.22%)
|WTG Award Commit
||(last year at this time it was 114.06%)
||(last year at this time it was 94.61%)
- Please contact Mary Lou Kuzdas if it appears that you may have additional students
eligible for the 1998-99 Minority Teacher Loan Program. Keep in mind that the student must be a
Wisconsin resident, minority, undergraduate junior or senior who is enrolled full time in programs
leading to teacher licensure at an Independent or University of Wisconsin Institution.
- Please return all refunds as soon as possible. Please continue to include the
following when you are sending refunds:
- School Code
- Student's Name
- Student's Social Security Number
- Amount of money that is being returned for the individual student
- What semester or term and academic year the funds were originally disbursed for
- Type of program the funds have been disbursed from and the Disbursement Code
- HEAB's Voucher Number
This information is very important! Thank you.
- Please be aware that at the end of 1998-99 there will be a June 15, 1999,
deadline for submitting all adds, changes, vouchers, and refunds.
- As the March memo indicated, the Governor presented his
biennial budget February 16th. Please refer to the March memo for a
copy of the budget items. On March 24th HEAB appeared before the Senate Education Committee and the
Joint Committee on Finance to comment on the items in the budget bill that impact the Board and the
programs it administers. Public hearings scheduled by the Joint Committee on Finance in regards to
the proposed state budget are listed below. All hearings are scheduled from 10:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
||J. I. Case High School Auditorium, Racine
||UW Stevens Point University Center, Alumni Room
||Osceola High School Gymnasium, Osceola
||State Capitol, Room 411S
This is an opportunity for you or for students to testify in support of the 6% annual increases
in the WHEG and WTG Programs. Upon arrival at the public hearing, fill out a hearing slip and you
will be called on a first-come, first-served basis. Please limit your testimony to 3 - 5 minutes. It
is preferred that you also provide a written copy of your testimony. The Joint Committee on Finance
is comprised of 16 members.
I encourage you or students at your school to consider testifying. The WASFAA State Issues
Committee, chaired by Don Seymour, has been in contact with a number of WASFAA members to also
encourage participation in these public hearings.
The Joint Committee on Finance is expected to begin executive sessions on the budget bill on April 20th.
- 1999-2000 tentative WHEG and WTG formulas were sent to you under separate memo.
Please keep in mind that these are tentative and may be adjusted once the biennial budget is firm.
- The first 1999-2000 notification list and associated reports will be mailed April
14th. Please begin sending file maintenance (FM) changes or adds after you receive your school's
list and reports. We will continue to send the lists and reports on an every other week basis.
- The 1999-2000 voucher (V) process will begin August 3, 1999. You may begin sending in
voucher requests the last week in July. Please only voucher funds for students who are registered
I appreciate your feedback and thoughts! My phone number is 608.264.6181, FAX: 608.267.2808,
EMAIL: email@example.com and
SNAILMAIL: HEAB, P.O. Box 7885, Madison, WI 53707-7885.
Jane Hojan-Clark, Executive Secretary
Wisconsin Higher Educational Aids Board
The Monthly Memo Archive
HEAB Main Page
Financial Aid Programs
Financial Aid Application Information
Frequently Asked Questions
Information for Financial Aid Administrators